08 January 2010

Animated Avengers Assemble, Does Anyone Care?

The trailer for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes has arrived even though the actual series probably wont debut for a year or so. My thoughts? The show looks OK without much to go on. I will give it a chance, but I have never been a huge Avengers fan. To me, they pale in comparison to DC's Justice League and as far as teams go I even much prefer Marvel's own X-Men or even the Fantastic Four.

Don't get me wrong, Iron Man and Captain America are fine, but Hulk isn't much of a team player and Giant Man and Wasp just aren't that interesting to me. Thor is just kind of a weirdo. The Avengers seem more of a Justice League Detroit (Led by Aquaman featuring Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man, Vixen, Gypsy, Steel, and Vibe) than an actual all-star team. Where is their Batman or Superman or even Wonder Woman? I would rather see a team of Spider-Man, Daredevil, Iron Man, Captain America, the Human Torch, and a couple of X-Men. I guess that's not what the Avengers are, but like I said, I've never been a big fan.


4 comments:

  1. Hmm...yeah, I saw some favorable reviews of the "Ultimates" series in some of the "Best Graphic Novels of the 2000s" lists so I read the first two compendiums and they only seem so-so. I mean how is Giant Man not more awesome? He's gigantic. But he's still getting his butt kicked by Captain America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Avengers is probably more of your lineup!

    The animation looks slick. Have you seen the HD trailer? I'm definitely on board. I care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do want to like the show and from the looks of things I should enjoy it more than I have the Super Hero Squad. After all, I liked Ultimate Avengers 1 and 2, and even Next Avengers. I just dont feel the same level of anticipation as I do for something like the upcoming Crisis movie. But let me just say, love it or not, its about time the Avengers got their own show (the 90's abomination doesnt count, even I know that was scraping the bottom of the barrel).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captain Anerica is their Superman, and Iron Man is their Batman. I guess that makes Thor Wonder Woman. hehe

    ReplyDelete