16 May 2014

Crisis of Infinite Episodes - I Am the Night



I may have said it before, but I am just not a huge fan of the gangster episodes in this series. Not every episodes needs a Joker or (heaven forbid) a Penguin, but when you have Batman vs. The Jazzman, you can't really get to invested. Obviously Jazzman is going down, and hard. That being said, this particular episode did manage some suspense with Gordon taking one for the team. 




So, in the end, I did like this better than your typical mafia thug themed adventure even if mopey Batman has the potential to wear out his welcome very quickly. Every now and then its nice to see the hero face his own limitations and rise above them. I honestly could not remember having seen this episode before, though I am awfully sure I had. This also seems to be one that had an influence on the Nolan movies, as I am sure plenty of scenes from this episode made their way into the animated version of the Dark Knight Rises trailer.

-----
Episode Count: 0565
Series Count: (31 of 81)

1 comment:

  1. I think you are too hard on the episodes without super villains. Two of my favorite episodes are this one and "It's Never Too Late" because both episodes show Batman at his most human. He wonders if he is truly doing the right thing, or even just doing enough, but the episodes show how he really does inspire the good in people he hopes he does.

    Love your reviews!

    ReplyDelete