21 September 2012

Crisis of Infinite Episodes - The Invisible Menace


 Invisible or not, shouldn't Aquaman still be able to communicate with a whale? Then again whales aren't fish...


If I haven't said so yet, I will say so now that this series has been a real treat. Those 45 minute Super Friends episodes really took their toll on me and I was beginning to wonder if I may have bitten off more than I could chew. This new format is such a breath of fresh air. Its not like the story quality improved that much, or that the stories were so bad before, but the stories really were just too long. This format allows the series to have fun with several silly ideas and then move on before you really get to thinking too much. 

Take this episode for example, evil sailors had an invisibility ray. Sure, why not. It offered 5 minutes of fun. But if this needed to be 45 minutes, I can guarantee it would have been a disaster. As it was, it sure wasn't great, but at least its over with the hope that the next segment will be better.


-----
Episode Count: 0257
Series Count: (25 of 60)

No comments:

Post a Comment