06 June 2014

Crisis of Infinite Episodes - Zatanna



I am going to be kind of hard on this episode. This was my introduction to the character of Zatanna and even though she was reimagined as a magicless illusionist for this episode, she never really seemed to fit in the world of BTAS to me. Years later after seeing her in other series like Young Justice (and even JLU), I am a little perplexed by her treatment in this series.




Having gotten those gripes out of my system, the team up between Batman and "Zanna" was charming, and reminded me of the team up with Talia in Off Balance. The episode ended with a thrilling cargo plane sequence that may have been paying homage to the Bond movie, The Living Daylights, with Bats dangling from a cargo net. In the end, it was a lot of fun, but it may have been better if Zatanna was just Selina Kyle or Talia instead.

-----
Episode Count: 0580
Series Count: (46 of 81)
First Appearance: Zatanna

No comments:

Post a Comment