02 February 2012

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003) - Discount Review


Heroes:  Allan Quatermain, the Invisible Man, Captain Nemo, Tom Sawyer, Mina Harker, Dr. Jekyll (and Mr. Hyde)

Villains: Moriarty and Dorian Gray

Diabolical Scheme:Moriarty wanted to steal the extraordinary skills of the League to... conquer the world I guess. 


Coolest Moment(s): At one point a bad guy drank a whole vial of Jekyll's formula becoming a somewhat entertaining hulked out monster. 

Worst Moment: Not so much a moment, but I just could not buy into the supposed badassery of Captain Nemo. I think I would have preferred Finding Nemo.



Opening Weekend: $23,075,892

Total Domestic Box Office: $66,465,204

Review in 50 Words or Less: Were I 12, a team of Harry Potter, Edward Cullen, Katniss Everdeen, and Pikachu might seem cool. If I were 112, I might have liked the "LXG." I'm not, and this was an underwhelming attempt at action by second rate has beens. Maybe the comic was cool, this was embarrassing.

My Pitch for a League of "Ordinary" Gentlemen: Shaggy, Ricky Ricardo, Mr. Rogers, Mr. Belvedere, Fonzie, and Joe the Plumber.



No comments:

Post a Comment